Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Knowing Everyone in a Small Town

   Living in a small town it is very easy to get comfortable around the others who live there with you. In my home church we usually have close to 200 in attendance and I feel like I know must of them pretty well, and before I really thought about it I would of told you I felt like most of them were all Christians. Truthfully I still "feel" like they are... But the truth is I don't know. Everyone knows that going to church doesn't make you a Christian, just like going to Sea World doesn't make you a whale. But I feel like that when we look around at our friends at church we automatically place a Christian label on them...



   I never really thought about this until on Saturday when I heard someone say, "well if the rapture does occur 95% of our town will be gone anyway." That statement really got me thinking, if that statement was true I would think with a city population of roughly 5000 people our church attendance would be higher and we wouldn't be almost $20,000 below our church budget.. I agree that our town appears a lot more "Christian" than bigger cities, but my concern is that it's more of an appearance than an actual representation.

   I guess what I'm trying to say is don't let your Small Town Faith fool you into thinking because your downtown plays TheJoyFM on the radio that everyone's getting into Heaven. We have to step out of our comfort zone and share the Gospel with people... Even in a small town!

No comments:

Post a Comment