Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Welcome to Hurricane Season


So, we are now in June, the beginning of hurricane season. My home town, being hit in 2004 by Hurricane Charlie, knows all too well what hurricane season can bring. The national weather team is already predicting around 18 named storms and up to 6 major hurricanes this year.

I guess I just wanted to bring this up because of the disaster that is everywhere else. Visiting Alabama reminded me so much of what it was like after Charlie for us, and it makes me want to be prepared for the worst this year. I mean I'm not planning to put the storm shutters up all summer, but I do want to make an effort to have some supplies incase we need them. It doesn't take much time or money to stock up on some of the essential items you might need, and if you don't know where to start there are plenty of resources to help you in that as well. The one item I would always suggest would be water... And not just bottled drinking water. Take old milk jugs, etc. And when you empty them, rinse them out and fill them with tap water and store them somewhere cool. Having extra water on hand will always be handy! Or... If you can afford it, get an in ground pool installed! Those are really nice when you don't have water.. Trust me!

With the victims of the Alabama storms still on mind, I just ask that you would continue to pray for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment