Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Worrying for all the RIGHT reasons.

   Yes, don't worry.. I know worrying is a sin, and unhealthy and all that blah.. However there are sometimes in my life that I can't help but to have a little worry. For example last month I got on stage in front of a couple hundred people and played the hardest song I had ever attempted on my guitar. Yea, definitely didn't have any worry going on then (insert heavy sarcasm here)... Turns out I shouldn't have though, I straight nailed the song! Worry in definition is just fear, fear that the devil puts in our hearts/minds to convince us not to focus on God. Or at least that's what I see it as, I didn't Webster it or anything..

   My problem with worry today though is in a different matter. I'm not worried for myself, necessarily, I'm more worried for our church. See tomorrow afternoon a group including yours truly is headed to Alabama to help out with the tornado victims. We have gathered supplies, lined up work, baked cookies, etc. and tomorrow at 1:00pm we head out. Where the worry comes in is "what if I'm the one to make us look bad". Being a teenager who played violent video games I had a slightly foul mouth when I was younger. (Everyone else blames that why can't I?) While for the most part I have been able to bury most of those words deep into one of the many unused parts of my brain, however... If there was ever an inopportune time for them to surface it would be this weekend.

   Our goal this weekend is to be able to help out those in need and most importantly attempt to spread the word of God. So, what happens if I drill myself in the thumb with a hammer, or if I step on a rake and it whops me in the face, or maybe one of the now many homeless pets bites me... I'm praying extra hard today and for trip in it's entirety that we would be able to be good Christian examples for these people and that when people remember New Hope Baptist Church from FL they remember a bunch of hard working Christian men, and not some guy who taught their toddler a new word when he stepped on a nail...

No comments:

Post a Comment