Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sleep... I mean, Quiet. Time!




This past weekend being in Alabama on our mission trip it seemed easier than ever to get in my quiet times. I guess some would say that's because being in Alabama I was already in Heaven.. But I really did notice that being on a mission trip helped me to really focus in on my quiet time with God. Maybe it was the devastation around us showing me how blessed we really are, or maybe it was that I needed all the spiritual help I could get to be the best Christian I could... For whatever reason it was, I'm glad, and I pray that I can continue that amount of devotion. ;-) (lol devotion... See what I did there...) Why is it that we can always find time to do what we want, and when our schedules get full the first thing to go is our quiet time? We are supposed to give God our first, our best, NOT our leftovers..

I challenge you and I both to evaluate our quiet time faithfulness. If it means reading your Bible for a quick 5 minutes before you go to work, or maybe a couple verses before you get on Facebook, but make it the way you start your day. If you start your day in God's word you never know the difference throughout your day it could make. Maybe it will take a trip to Alabama to get your quiet times in order.. But I pray that whatever it takes you would be willing to do it!

Psalm 119:33-40

No comments:

Post a Comment